Learn How to Set Up OneDrive on Your Computer so You Can Access 1 TB of Cloud Storage
Did you know, if you have any of the following Office 365 subscriptions, you have 1TB of cloud storage available through OneDrive?
- Office 365 Business
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business Essentials
- Office 365 Home
- Office 365 Personal
OneDrive is Microsoft’s file hosting service that allows subscribers to store and exchange data online. OneDrive can be accessed from your computer, iOS/Android mobile devices and the OneDrive website (https://onedrive.live.com).
Here’s what you need to do to set it up!
TO SETUP ONEDRIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-za/download/ and download the app to your PC.
- Enter your Office 365 credentials (your email address and email password) and click SIGN IN
- Click NEXT
- Select which folder/files on OneDrive you want sync’d to your computer. This will allow you to access you files even when you’re offline and sync any changes once you are back online.
- You will now notice OneDrive in your File Explorer. The green checks indicate that these folders are being sync’d to OneDrive. You can now simply drag and drop files into the folders
- Right click on the folder or file you want to share. You will see ‘SHARE’ with a blue cloud icon, select it.
- In the box that appears, you can enter the email address of the person(s) both within and outside your organization you would like to give access to along with a message and click SEND.
- You will also notice a box at the top that shows the permission being granted (ANYONE WITH THIS LINK CAN EDIT). If you would like to just allow viewing rights, click on it. In the box that appears, uncheck the ALLOW EDITING box and click APPLY
- The person you shared the file/folder with, will receive an email like this. They would simply click on OPEN to access. You will also receive an email letting you know the link was successfully used.