MAS90 User Preferences
Each MAS90 user can have a number of options set to their special needs or preference to improve the usability of MAS90. These options are found in the Preference tab in User Maintenance (located in Library Master, Main Menu).
1) Automatic Logoff Checking this box enables the Automatic Logoff Delay in Minutes. These two options will have MAS90 log off the user after the system has not been used for the number of minutes entered. The timing starts only when the user is not in any tasks and is just at the launcher. This is a useful option when you are near or at your number of licensed users.
2) Implied Decimal Point Checking this box will require the user to enter the decimal point to enter numbers to the right of the decimal sign. If the box is unchecked numbers will begin at the right of the decimal point an fill in as additional characters are keyed. With this option users can setup date entry to be the same as the way they use their calculators.
3) Low Speed Connection This is used when the user connects through a low speed connection such as a dial-up connection or a VPN. This is used in MAS200 only.
4) Lookup Limit for Initial Display Enter the record limit for lookups. Generally this setting is used when there are a very large number of records and the lookups are creating system performance issues. If the number of records exceeds the number entered into this field no records will display. If the number of records is less than the number entered all records will display.
5) [ENTER] Key Like [TAB] Key for Grid If this box is checked the ENTER key and the TAB key will perform in the same way. If the box is not checked the ENTER key will advance to the next line in the data entry grids rather than to the next field. The default setting is for the box to be checked.
6) Display Reduction Amounts in Red Any amounts that reduce a balance will be displayed in red if this box is checked. The default setting is for the box to be checked.
7) Display Formatted Credit Card MAS90 encrypts customer credit card numbers for security. However, there are time when it is important to see the actual number. Checking this box will allow a user to see the unencrypted number. Generally this setting is only enabled for an accounting manager. The default value for this field is unchecked.
8) Print Formatted Credit Card This is the same as item #7 but refers to credit card reports.
9) Use Graphic Report Format This option only applies to Job Cost, Material Requirement Planning, Payroll, Time Card and Work Order. Reports for this user will be in character mode rather than graphical.
10) Partial Lookup Default There are two options here. The default option is Begins with'. When you enter lead characters into a lookup field and then press F2 the list displayed will only be the records were the looking field begins with the characters enter. The other option is Greater than'. The lookup list will display all records that begin with or are greater than the characters entered.
11) Prompt for Company Code For MAS90 user with multiple companies this can be a handy option. Users will be prompted for the company code they want to work in when logging into MAS 90.
12) Default Report Preview Zoom The default setting is 100%. At this setting each time a report is previewed the print size is generally too small to be read easily. Setting this default to 125% will make previewing reports much more convenient.